Job Description & Responsibilities
Valiant Construction LLC is recruiting personnel to oversee the daily construction activities of new and renovation projects while representing the company in a professional and courteous manner and maintaining high standards.
- Pre-construction preparation of the job site (Office/office trailer, Posters, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguishers … etc.)
- Enforce and maintain the Project Specific Safety Plan.
- Conduct required site Safety Meetings.
- Maintain currency in First Aid and CPR certification.
- Maintain all of the company’s tools and equipment as well as rented equipment in a secure manner.
- Counsel all field tradesmen in Quality awareness.
- Oversee, monitor and orchestrate all day-to-day field activities.
- Be the day-to day liaison between Valiant and the owner’s representative.
- Keep the project on schedule by daily comparing project progress to the project schedule. Alert the Project Manager of any deviation from the project schedule.
- Schedule all material deliveries, labor activities and subcontractors in advance by utilizing the project schedule.
- Accurately cost code timesheets, receipts, delivery tickets, expense reports … etc.
- Prepare, file and/or forward all required daily, weekly and monthly paperwork (i.e. daily field reports, timesheets, progress photos, safety meeting reports, expense reports, delivery tickets, rental equipment logs … etc.).
- Prepare owner required advance notifications (i.e. penetration permits, utility outages, hot work …etc.)
- Assist Project Managers in preparing Change Proposals.
- Review monthly projected cost reports with Project Managers.
- Maintain an accurate set of red-lined, as-built plans & specs.
- Prepare, distribute and track the completion of a pre-substantial completion Punch List.
- Complete accurate, timely daily reports of each day of the project and distribute to owner and post on company server.
- If needed, work with Project Administrator to ensure accurate certified payrolls, Daily Field Reports and Employee Timesheets.
High School diploma or equivalent along with 10 or more years prior commercial General Contracting experience.
Federal contracting experience is a +.
Construction contracting experience at a Healthcare Facility is a +
Construction contracting experience at a Federal Healthcare Facility is a ++.
Contracting experience with Dept. of Veterans Affairs and USACE is a +++.
Plan & specification interpretation and working knowledge of construction tools & equipment.
Commensurate with experience.
In/Out of state travel required.
Candidates must consent to a pre-employment drug screen and consent to a criminal background investigation. Candidates must complete and pass a 30 HR OSHA Certification class and a First Aid/CPR Certification class.