DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for company payroll functions including processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, allocations, and direct deposits; processes payroll data in a timely manner and calculates overtime and other pay premiums
• Manage certified payroll functions for projects including completing company specific reporting, tracking submission/completion of subcontractor reporting, corresponding with subcontractors and customers, tracking self-performance requirements to maintain compliance, and developing action plan to address any non-compliance
• Maintains accounts payable functions including verifying invoices, expense reports, and purchase requisitions
• Research & enters data into accounts payable system, and provides check remittance for vendor payments accompanied with necessary backup information
• Maintains accounts receivable functions including applying payments to appropriate accounts, monthly invoicing, tracking status of approval and payment dates of invoices
• Communicates and creates awareness between the customer and company to address any open items related to billing or approval, that ensures project profitability
• Assists with annual budget preparation
• Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules
• Assists with annual external audit
• Prepares budget analyses and completes assigned reconciliations
• Identifies process improvement opportunities that enhance the operation of the accounting department
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Post Baccalaureate Accounting certificate; with one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong organizational, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Demonstrates eagerness to continuously improve professionally.
• Consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage priorities and to communicate when they need to change.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Microsoft Excel).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Frequently required to stand, walk, and/or sit
• Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Continually required to talk or hear
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard